Thursday, March 19, 2009

opinions, please.

The Beloved Constitution of the United States
Honestly, I am sooo spitting mad! I'm hearing reports that the Congress and Administration are considering passing emergency legislation to adopt Parliamentary Procedure...in effect, eliminating the voice of the minority. What happened to the rights of the individual?

Wait, I must stop myself dead in my tracks. Let's talk. I've tried to keep my political views out of my blog, as not everyone agrees with my views. And I don't want to tick anyone off (I never use the "P" word. I could say, "I don't want to urinate anyone off..."), driving my dear readers away. I am a political madwoman. I wish I had been this interested in politics in my younger years, perhaps now I'd be Speaker of the House. Can I have an "Amen?" My brother is so much more eloquent than I, his views are similar to mine, but he is so much more concise and reins in his emotions. He researches his posts, whereas I just get beside myself, shoot from the hip and proceed to vent.

So I'm asking you: should I just stick to my "fluff" or is it OK to spew venomous political views, when warranted? Once in awhile. Or do you think I'll sound too urinated all the time?

7 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Girl! It is your blog!!! I love to hear what other people think, believe, and what moves them....even if I don't always agree. That is what makes you a real person to me. Not just one of those pretenders!

Spew forth!

J said...

hmmmmmm...I think sometimes it's necessary to be able to share our own point of view. I'm in it for the long haul whatever you decide.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

it is YOUR blog. You post anything that you want post.

Anonymous said...

Every so often I just have to vent on my blog. I don't do it too much because I hate controversy. I like when other people post controvery though, so bring it on! :)

Gator World!! said...

While I must say, I do enjoy the fluff, you need to put on here what is important to you. If politics really get you going then talk about them, and honey don't worry. If you turn into a crazy person that thinks the government is out to turn us all into robots then we will tell you.

~secretly hoping the you don't feel that way already lol~

Anonymous said...

You can post whatever you like! You'll still be my favorite Florida aunt-in-law!

Thomas Fleming said...

Well, Pat, you've got me stumped--I'm not familiar with the sort of "Parliamentary Procedure" you're referring to. Now who's the expert?! Maybe you could fill you brain-frozen old bro in. I do think it's entirely appropriate to say out loud what's on your mind, even if it might be "controversial" or a bit unusual for an otherwise warm and fuzzy blog--as long as it's not venomous. You're too sweet for that anyway, so I'm not worried!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...