Tuesday, March 10, 2009

little diversion.

I've had this fabric for ages and haven't had a clue as to what I should make with it. So at exactly 11:30 PM last night, I decided that I'd make a pleated purse, only not that late at night. I waited until 7:30 this morning to get started. But now, I need to get ready for a luncheon date with my friend, Kathy. We're meeting up at the Cummer Art Museum for mass, a luncheon and a guest speaker. So I must put my project aside and spend the rest of the morning applying my makeup with my trowel, much as a drywaller applies spackle to his seams. Why can't I just wake up and look beautiful...why must I instead look like Whistler's Mother? (I thought I'd keep with the whole museum theme). Hopefully, I'll remember to take my camera...perhaps I'll have some lovely photos to share with you later on. If not, maybe I'll finish that little purse up there. If not, maybe I'll take more pictures of the dog in her provocative poses and bore you to death. If not, maybe I'll just come home and take a nap. Yeah, maybe I'll just do that. Or not.

4 comments:

shelia said...

love your color choices...its adorable...happy lunch!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I sleep at 11:30. Maybe that is why I cannot sew like you do.

Oh girl, I can hook you up with some make-up! I got some new stuff and I am loving it!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute purse! Love the fabric!

The older I get, the more I have to reach into my hubby's tool-chest for make-up application tools. Not fair! ;)

Gator World!! said...

I made my blog private, so e-mail me with your e-mail addy and I will approve you to be able to see it, thanks and sorry about this!

camille.choate@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...