Sunday, March 1, 2009

mulch & more.

Spring is in the air, time to tidy the yard and brighten the gardens. While I ran to the quilt shop, MacGyver cleaned the front garden. And boy, is he fast! What would have taken me a day, he accomplished in an hour. Raking the old foliage and mulch from the front bed, pulling the weeds and then bagging. As I pulled into the driveway, I was astonished at his industriousness. So being the helping mate that I am, I went in the house, changed my clothes, went to the garage and... hopped on the treadmill. Gotta walk...I promised my walking partner!


I watched as my industrious hubby took the bags of mulch off the bed of the truck, sliced open the bag and dump that mulch on the garden. It was probably after the 12th bag that I finally offered to help. So I spread the fertilizer over the front yard. Hey, someone had to do it! MacGyver finished by planting some lovely little flowers...have I ever told you that I kill plants just by thinking of them? It's true! So whatever you do, never give me a plant and expect it to live.

And that is what we did this weekend. May the flowers ignore me and live long & healthy lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were out in the garden this weekend too! It was so great just being outside in the sun---even if it was only 50 degrees!

Anonymous said...

Oh Aunt Patti, you are just torturing me with all of your beautiful spring pictures! I can't wait to start on our yard!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...