Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Birthday tea, for 4!

Meet the identical Birthday Girls, Irene and Ivy. Or is it Ivy and Irene? Hello...which one is which? Oh, I know who's-who. But do you? Hmmmm? OK, I'll tell you. Aunt Irene is on the left. She just completed the River Run here in Jacksonville, a 10-mile run right at about 2.5 hours. The amazing fact is (shhhhh, don't tell anyone...they're 84-yrs. old!). Ivy, also my mother-in-law, is my walking partner. She motivates me to walk the bridges and she witnessed me walking faster than a locomotive. She jogs, too. So amazing. When tying her shoes, she bends down like a kindergartner. Now that's pretty flexible! We laughed, we talked, we sipped real tea...what fun these ladies are! I'm so glad that I married her son, her nephew! No old stick-in-the-mud mother-in-law for me! No sir, I have a real firecracker! And her firecracker sister!

This lovely picture is of the two identical birthday girls and my Mom. Look at how pretty Mom's skin is. Mom is (shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone) 74! (I know it's not nice to give ages, but when women look as incredible as these three, pride trumps etiquette). Mom and I treated the Twins to lunch at a wonderful tea room in an area of town known as Five Points. Lunch was delicious and we topped it off with scones. Oh my, they were soooo delicious. I forgot to mention that our Twins are British. Mom and I let them order our tea, 'cause quite frankly, we know nothin' 'bout tea!
I've fallen in love with this little tea pot and cups. So cute! Hello, Kitties! We poked around the merchandise and "oohed" and "aahed" over it all.

What a charming tea set. Everything is set up just so. It's really quite quaint. How many tea sets does a British woman own? No, it's not a joke, I'm serious. Twins? What's the answer?

This is the wall on the way to the loo. Do you know what a "loo" is? Yes, it's the ladies room. I thought a little British lingo was appropriate at this time. Go and share your new knowledge.
Thanks for a lovely day, Birthday ladies and Lady Mom.

Tomorrow, a few more photos of the Twins and Mom.

Oh, there's one more thing...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA!
Linda is my sister-in-law and if she lived in Florida, she'd have been sipping tea with us, too!

4 comments:

Gator World!! said...

Oh this is a fabulous post! Happy Birthday to you all. And I would have never guessed their ages. WOW, I hope I look that good then!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I want to be old like that. Heck, I do not even do what they do NOW!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! These girls are amazing! I want to fun a 10K when I am 84. I guess I should get off my butt and do it now when I am 42, don't you think?

Birthday wishes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! A 10-mile run?! I can barely make it to the mailbox! I better get off my tush and get started.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...