Friday, March 6, 2009

help...I did it!

In the post below, I frantically sent out an SOS, begging for help with Elements... because I'm too impatient to figure it out myself. Then my friend Mindy, left me a stinging comment. NAGGING me, berating me for not having the brains to come up with a solution on my own. Quite frankly, she brought me to tears. Oh, the shame! So I marched my fingers over to YouTube, as she suggested, to see if there was a tutorial there. Yes, there were some tutorials, but nothing to help me with what I was needing to accomplish. So I went back to my Elements program, determined to prove to Mindy that I wasn't going to take the sting of her words lying down, that I am, in fact, smart enough to find the solution on my own. Well, Miss Why-don't-you-go-figure-it-out-for-yourself, I HAVE!

This is the before photo. I would like to cut the purse out of the photo, so that I can put it on my web site without the distraction of the background. With a little experimentation and the help of the Magic Extractor, I now have the following image:


I need to refine my technique with some practice, but oh! I love that Magic Extractor. See how the bag pops on a solid white background? The flamingos are adorable and the ball fringe or "pom-poms" look so bright!

Good-bye, Magic Wand! I shan't be disturbing you again. The Magic Extractor is my #1 editing tool. And as for Mindy...she didn't really nag me. I used literary liberty to spicen things up a bit. Because Mindy is a spicy senorita!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Someday I would love to get Elements, but I don't have time to use it right now. I seems awesome!

My hubs likes to take literary liberty--even when he is talking--to spice up his stories too. It is one of his sanguine qualities!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

spicy senorita...oh I like that!!

*cracks my whip above your head* get back to work! Did I tell you that you could leave your sewing machine?!?!?!?!

That is so cool how you made the background disappear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...