Tuesday, February 24, 2009

sunshine on my shoulders.

For those of you who are facing a few more months of winter, I bring you a green tree. It was a beautiful day here in Northeast Florida, sunny and bright with a cool breeze blowing in from...hmmm, from where, I'm not sure. But it was lovely! This past weekend, we raked and bagged oodles of little brown leaves. And we've barely scraped the surface of the yard. Many of the trees that had once graced the yard are gone, due to either rotting, hurricanes and/or the installation of the pool. At the time, I thought that I would miss the tree canopy that shaded the yard. Once the trees were cut down, however, the blueness of the afternoon sky and the twinkling stars at night were now visible to us. Now the sun could reach the grass that was longing for photosynthesis and we could actually look at planes in the sky and the moon at night. So how could we still have all these leaves on our yard? The neighbors. They've trained their trees to shed in our yard. Darn neighbors!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Aunt Patti! I didn't know you got a pool?! I'm definitely coming for a visit now!

J said...

You are sooooooooo lucky!! I would love to have "sunshine on my shoulders" right about now, but it's way to cold to be baring any body part for sunshine!

BTW, love the Jon Denver reference - my Mom had all of his albums on vinyl. I used to love to listen to him as a kid.

~Jenny

Jana Nielson said...

Thanks alot!! Why don't you just RUB that IN while I sit here in the snow....I did notice buds on the trees today. There is hope fro spring!!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of your tree!

We did find that our tulips are peeking through--and one inch--and we just about went nuts over that! We are easily exciteable people I guess. ;)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What wonderful weather! We were in the 80's yesterday. We also had wind gust in the 40's a fire alerts...needless to say things are brown here still!

I am so jealous of your green!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...