Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting Out the Vote!

Meet Gingerbean! Her pageant mother is entering her into one of those pageants where poor unsuspecting little girls must live out the fantasy that their mothers wished they had lived when they were younger and much more lithe. Overbearing, bossy, and just plain miserable mothers who subject their female offspring to prance around the stage to please "the man." I mean, I thought that we were past all that nonsense. What happened to Women's Rights? What would Susan B. Anthony say, or worse yet, Mrs. Banks? You know, Mary Poppins' employer...the wife of Mr. Banks, the banker? She marched around her parlour, singing, "Our daughter's daughters will adore us, and they'll sing in grateful chorus, well done...well done...well done, Sister Suffragette!" Look at poor Gingerbean up there in the Plaid Coat Competition, being made to strut her stuff in front of the judges...shameful! Mindy, you've set the Women's Movement back hundreds of years! Well done, Mommie Dearest!

Oh, well...just go and vote, please. If she loses, poor Gingerbean is going to have a lunatic mother on her hands. Thank you.

7 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

*laffin so hard I woke my daddy up* OMG girl that is just wonderful!!!! Thank you so much...you are a hoot!!! And I so adore you.

Flutterby said...

ROFLMAO!!! But.. Mindy is not a stage mom.. she's a PAGEANT MOM! Can you just picture her standing out in the audience in aisle during the talent competition?? Sitting... begging.. barking right along with the Gingerbean so she doesn't forget anything???!!!!

Gator World!! said...

I love it!!! Love it love it love it!!! She is a pageant mom. She was never that way with me...I guess I just wasn't pretty enough. ~hangs her head and signs~ Lol, jk. But in all seriousness I really do love the post!

Jana Nielson said...

BWAhhhahhhahha!!

Donna said...

Do you that pageant would take Bassett hounds??

Whosyergurl said...

this is hilarious! I think you've got her pegged.

Cheryl in IN

zorra said...

hee hee!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...