Monday, January 5, 2009

public service announcement.

While cleaning the kitchen after dinner last night, MacGyver came in and pointed out something very interesting to me. I'll tell you in a minute. Honestly, I'm so red-faced regarding this oversight. If you're anything like me (sorry if you are), you might find yourself fighting with your handy roll of foil, Saran Wrap, parchment paper, etc. every single stinkin' time you go to use it. And if you're like me, those rolls win every stinkin' time. Wrestle no more! MacGyver pointed out that at both ends of every roll, there's a little perforated circle of which you are supposed to poke in. In fact, those little tabs say, "Press Here." Both ends. Those little tabs lock that blasted roll in place. ALL THESE YEARS! Did you know about this? Is this some sort of national secret that only certain people were worthy of knowing? I ask you, who knew?!

You can thank me next time you use your roll of anything, hassle-free...you're welcome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never knew this! thanks!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am sitting here with my mouth wide open. I had no clue. Why is that not in any commercial???

It's A Wonderful said...

I know! I am flabbergasted! Perhaps you, Randi, and myself should start a nationwide initiative on this issue...think along the lines of PETA, Global Warming, Farm Aid. You in?

Anonymous said...

I had no idea! How funny that we were all struggling along with no clue. ;)

Kristi said...

wahhh? I'm going to have to go look at my rolls now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...