Tuesday, January 6, 2009

low-fat clucky-salad recipe.

I've decided that I really am going to make an effort to prepare healthier meals this year. Not to mention the fact that on the weekends, I love to watch Food Network while doing my ironing and saw some fabulous-looking meals. Mmmmm. Chicken salad. The twist is this, there's only 1-tablespoon of mayonaise in this dish. I don't like a lot of mayonaise. That's why I don't eat potato salad or macaroni salad. Ever. Never. Ever. In my bid to begin my year of healthier cooking, off to the grocery store I went and bought the ingredients for this salad. And I must say, it is very delicious. Since tomatoes are still rather expensive, I'm planning on serving this on a romaine salad and/or in pita stuffed with romaine. Pitas are low in fat. So is Weight Watcher's bread. So is a stalk of celery, but I'm not going hard-core! If you'd like the recipe, click here. Oh, and this will make a great summer dish for you snow-birds who need to eat more in the winter, to stay toasty.

Tomorrow, I'll be reviewing the Neely's Tortilla Soup recipe. It's finished, but I'm waiting for the flavors to meld. Yes, I said "meld." Go ahead, make fun of me. But I'll tell you this...Giada says it too, so there!

2 comments:

Donna said...

That looks delish! I love that you are posting recipies! I am always on the lookout for something new, and since we don't have cable therefore no Food Network, I'll steal ideas from you! And for us up here in Idaho... its not snow birds, its ice cats!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Dang...reading this before breakfast and now I am so hungry!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...