Wednesday, July 23, 2008

delicious movie.

Mom and I went to see the movie, "Mamma Mia!" today. I have to say, I LOVED it! Do you remember all those ABBA songs? And how sometimes, they just didn't make a whole lot of sense? Well, to me they didn't. After seeing the movie, I understand it all now. OK, ABBA. You can come back now that I understand...

Meryl Streep and her fun-loving friends kind of remind me of someone else and her fun-loving friends (without our husbands...because let's face it, we're goofier without the men around). Sorry, boys, but those're the facts. They're dancing to "Dancing Queen" and it's such a cute scene. Anyhow, Meryl (Donna) cries and her face gets all distorted and her nose turns red. Ugly, just like in real-life. I loved it. Because I get all ugly when I cry and those girls in the movies just don't turn ugly. But Meryl's face was splotchy and red, which was charming.

Now the girls have found their sista' hood and are singing and dancing through the streets. The townswomen are joining them and they're all ordinary-looking women. Which I find charming.

Oh, this scene made me almost cry. You ladies with daughters, watch out. It also applies to sons, just imagine a boy not wearing a wedding dress. Same sentiments, different clothing. Yes, I almost cried. Hey Gail, mom, mother...did you cry? Because I am your daughter and it's a charming question.


My absolute favorite scene. And it pretty much explains the ABBA song in a way that I never understood before. I can't really tell you anything more, because I don't want to be a movie-spoiler and anything I say may help you to figure the scene out ahead of time. Which on my part, would not be so charming.

I am positively going to buy the soundtrack to the movie. The singing was lovely. Pierce Bronson sings and though he isn't much of a warbler, his performance was fine and believable. Because I know that when my Pierce Bronson, aka MacGyver sings, he's no Andrea Bocelli. But he's real and sweet and completely charming. More on him another time.

So, be the Dancing Queen I know that you are, and dance your way to this movie. You'll leave feeling happy...oh, stay for the credits, there's a little extra there for you.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...