Friday, July 11, 2008

reason for an adult beverage.


No, I'm not really having a drink at 8:30 in the morning. Come on! BUT...that pink paper is enough to make a parent swill that Crown until their kid turns 30! That hideous pink paper, my friends, is the waiver for a driver's license. Oh, the absurdity of it all! The child just disembarked from his Little Tikes scooter, for goodness' sake! Do his feet even reach the pedals of an automobile? Did he check his side-view and rear-view mirrors three-and-a-half times prior to leaving the driving range? Were his shoes tied? Was the instructor state-certified, federally inspected and stamped, mother-approved and sealed by Good Housekeeping? These are the burning questions a mother asks herself. I mean, who in the name of all that is sacred gives a piece of pink paper to a sixteen year-old? I don't know, I don't know! Next thing I know, he'll be wanting to turn that paper into a hard plastic license! Then what?!!! He'll be expecting us to let him drive without a parent! Yikes! It's a good thing that he waited until September to get his permit...now it'll be September before he can turn that pink into plastic. Besides, Crown Royal isn't my beverage. I think a nice bottle of Chardonnay will suffice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the road again! I can't believe Big Red is driving! Seems like just yesterday he was just a little noseminer.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...