Friday, July 2, 2010

"Be Prepared."

Aaron

Connor

Congratulations to our nephews, brothers Aaron and Connor, who earned Scouting's highest rank: Eagle Scout.

Earning this rank is no small feat; a boy must earn 21 merit badges and complete a community service project in order to obtain this very special medal. 

Our two young men have worked towards this honor for many years, diligently performing each task set before them. 

I reaffirm my allegiance
To the three promises of the Scout Oath.
I thoughtfully recognize
And take upon myself
The obligations and responsibilities
Of an Eagle Scout.
On my honor I will do my best
To make my training and example,
My rank and my influence
Count strongly for better Scouting
And for better citizenship
In my troop,
In my community,
And in my contacts with other people.
To this I pledge my sacred honor.

Congratulations, boys.  Your entire family is very proud of you.  May God continue to bless each of you and your parents, the Boy Scouts of America and the United States of America.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...