Saturday, September 20, 2008

tropical surprise.

The other day, I was getting ready to vaccuum the living room when I noticed something laying against the sliding door.

Not the dog, that other thing over there. Look!

Eeeewwwwww. It's a lizard. Yikes, I don't have a boy in the house, what am I going to do?!!

Oh wait...it's dead. It's mummified, it's skeletonized (I made that word up), it's stuck. Yuck. I'll wait for a boy to get home. It doesn't matter who, just any ol' boy will do. Oh, and you know how they say being in front of the camera adds ten pounds to a person (usually, almost always female)? It's the same with dirt. Crikey, those door tracks need cleaning. They don't look that bad in person. Oh well, they're not getting cleaned until a boy gets home. So glad I didn't have a girl. There's room for only one squeamish female in this here house!

Don't move to Florida if you have an aversion to big bugs and reptiles. Or heat and humidity. Or hurricanes and/or tropical storms. Add flooding to the list. Oh, and lots of traffic. Flat land. Sand, lots and lots of dust and sand. Tough grass. Rain. Lots of rain. Did I mention the heat?

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You could have just put some glue on it and wore it as a pin...I'm just saying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...