Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i have to say...




Friends, I am going to admit it right here, right now, that I'm taking Randi's lovely idea at i have to say...
Thank you, Randi, for inspiring me. Thank you for not hating me for blatantly copying you. Next time, you'll put your hand over your blog so I can't see it, like we used to do when we were kids.

Because I live in Florida, we don't have a "real" Fall here. So I'm going to reminisce about my Yankee Falls.

The brilliant, vibrant colors of the leaves.
The snap and crunch underfoot as you walk.

The smell of crisp air, like fresh linens hung on the line, snapping in the breeze.

Warm, soft sweaters and the comfort of "sensible" hiking boots.

Sleeping next to an open window, the gentle night air dancing with the sheers.

The evening shadows falling early, all cozy and snug inside.

Grandma's homemade cinnamon applesauce, canned with her loving arthritic hands.


Happy Fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post puts a smile on my face right now! It has been "one of those days"--mostly PMSy, ya know?

i love sleeping with the windows open at this time of year It is so crisp and cold first thing in the morning, perfect for a cup of tea!

Thanks for the smile, friend. You copy-cat! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...