Sunday, September 28, 2008

6 Unremarkable Me.

I've been tagged by my friend Mindy, at Bits and Odd Pieces of Mindy's Kingdom. The very interesting aspect of the topic is that Mindy and I have several of the same quirks. I've been thinking that I could just link my answers to Mindy's blog, but truth be told, I'm not afraid of naked clowns. And the whole toilet thing, that's not me, either. Mindy's other quirks line up with mine, but I guess I'm going to have to go it on my own and answer the topic:
6 Unremarkable Things About Me
*So I'm a tad claustrophobic. It's nothing serious, I just don't like to sit in a room without windows. If I'm in a room with windows, the shades, blinds, and/or curtains must be open or sheer enough to allow the blessed daylight in. Call me crazy.

*Like Mindy, I must be certain that everything in the house that could potentially cause a fire and/or break-in, must be unplugged, turned off, or locked. I have to be absolutely confident that the house is in lock down and anti-meltdown mode. Which translates to: I have to check on all potential threats 3 to 4 times. See Mindy's answers for other details.

*As a little girl, I wanted to be a Nun when I grew up. OK, all who know me and are reading this, go ahead and laugh, roll on the floor, call each other up and talk about me, I'll wait.......ya done?! Needless to say, I am ineligible to participate in taking the holy vows. No, you do NOT need the details. Nosey!

*I have a brown thumb. I am good with human beings and dogs...but I simply cannot nurture a plant. My mother can grow lovely plants. I can't. My husband can grow lovely plants. I can't. I just look at a plant and it wilts. I love and crave photosynthesis for myself, why must I maim plants? It's not fair, I tell ya.

*I don't have any sisters. I do have 3 older brothers. I love children, but I prefer boys. Little boys, big boys, old boys, good ol' boys, (not Boy George), but by George, I love boys! They're just so much more transparent than little girls. I think this whole "boy" thing might be the reason I'm ineligible to be a nun.

*I abhor ketchup and mustard. Mayonaise too, if it's mixed with any kind of salad. Eggs. I don't eat eggs. I didn't eat pizza as a kid, or any kind of spaghetti sauce. I love pizza and spaghetti now, but not eggs!

Thanks, Mindy. I feel so much better now that I've gotten all of that nonsense off my proverbial chest!

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Your last one is so not like me!

And I love my daughter but my son has been so much fun to raise. I just wonder all the time how his brain works!

I loved your answers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no mention of your sister in laws! OK ... I see how we rate!!!

Love from Red Bear ... who is now blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...