Friday, April 17, 2009

trip to a Fantasy Island.

Today, you and I are hitting the road, back to the place of my childhood, Grand Island, NY. If you'll look straight ahead through the windshield, you'll see that we are heading up the South Grand Island Bridge, over the Niagara River. Our desination? Fantasy Island! Woo-hoo, we're going to an amusement park!

Here we are...but wait! We've gone back in time...how remarkable! And quaint. Yes, my friends, this is how it looked when I was a little girl. "These colorful flags welcome all visitors to Fanatasy Island..." I don't see any color, but we'll use our wonderful imagination, 'cause those flags are colorful! Let's proceed to...

...the giant book! Yes! I loved this book. It was near the front entrance of the park...I wonder if it's still there and I wonder what the mommies and kiddies are doing now. Look at those strollers. They're like the Model T of today's strollers...our little tushes must have been tired after sitting in non-padded seats. But no one cared or worried about our comfort, we were at Fantasy Island! Read the book...

...let's add some color. Wow, what a difference! This is the carousel...it doesn't look much different from those black and white days. There was a Western Town, a Can-Can Dance Review in the Saloon, a train, roller coaster, all kinds of wonderful rides. Those are really happy memories...thanks, Mom and Dad.

Oh, and one more thing...I loved the park so much that once I grew to a teen, I found employment in our beloved Fantasy Island...as a Potty Princess. Yup, I cleaned the bathrooms! Best job in the whole park...I spent most of the day socializing, as my partner and I slowly made our way to the next bathroom. And once in awhile, we even cleaned a toilet. Jealous?

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Potty Princess....*giggles*

Reading your post was like watching the Wizard of Oz..in the middle we warped to TECHNO COLOR!!

Have a good time!!!

JR said...

I bet you were the best potty princess they ever had! :) Fantasy Island looks like a fun place!

It's A Wonderful said...

JR, I was THE Potty Princess! No one knew her way around a toilet like I did. Still do. And let me tell you, I was wicked with the urinals!

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Wow, it looks like such a fun place! And what an honourable title- Potty Princess. I hope you have a badge with that name on it!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...