Wednesday, April 22, 2009

peek at my week.

My brother Tom and his wife, Melany, are here on a visit from Rochester, NY. Thankfully, the weather here in Jacksonville is absolutely gorgeous. It hasn't been the hot and humid weather it usually is. Rather, lovely warm breezes and glorious sunshine have graced us thus far. Our professional driver, Dad, took us for a ride through Palm Valley along the intercoastal waterway...
and we stopped for lunch at Barbara Jean's. Mom ran in ahead and secured a patio table for us with a beautiful view.

Looking across the intercoastal at the natural beach and fallen trees. Trees have a tendancy to do that in Florida, just check out my yard.


I like this picture. Their kids are all grown up and it's nice to see the reconnection that they're experiencing and enjoying. I love how they're holding hands...it's such a tender and loving gesture. I cropped Mom and Dad out of the picture, they were taking away from the romance. Sorry M & D!

But I've included them in this photo...we had a lovely lunch, thanks Mom and Dad. Today, Tom and Mel took off for Savannah, Georgia. It's a lovely town. No kids in tow...I'm betting they're holding hands again.

4 comments:

Donna said...

awwww... I wish they had kids in tow (and by kids I mean me.) I have the cutest parents huh??

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

Aw... what a cute family time :-) I really like that shot with the water and trees! It's gorgeous view, and very different to what we have here.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Y'all must be having such a good time. I love how everyone is really smiling.

JR said...

Awwww, I miss Mom and Dad! They look like they are having a great time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...