Tuesday, April 14, 2009

blustery day.

See Winnie up there, doing his best to hold onto Piglett, lest the wind blow the little pink guy away? That's exactly what was happening in our back yard this morning, minus Pooh and his friends. It would have been cool had those cuties been back there, but then I would have had to run out in the wind and rescued the gang. And I might have gotten bonked on the head by...

this guy. Oh, he doesn't look so menacing in this amateur photo taken by my very amateur photographer, but it would have hurt, alright! The funny thing is, we had all our big trees cut down four years ago...now the neighbors trees fall into our yard. Not their yards, our yard!


A gust of wind came by and picked our patio table off the pool deck and into the yard, landing topsy-turvy onto the umbrella. The umbrella was destroyed...

and so was the glass top. This was where we were going to do our weekend dining when my brother Tom and his wife, Melany, came to visit this coming week. Hmmmm, maybe one of the neighbors could spare us their patio table...pipe dream!

6 comments:

randi said...

Sheesh! That looks a little more than blustery! Too bad about the table.

Congrats on your Etsy shop! I got to be your first fan--I hearted you!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I think the neighbor whose tree is in your yard should share his.

Adrienne said...

Oh my! We had some trees taken down a few years ago for fear of the same. Good luck in gettting up all that glass ... I guess you can't really vacuum grass huh.

JR said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about your patio set, but I'm glad no one was hurt.

Aunt Patti, you have to do me a favor and give my favorite mother-in-law a big hug for me when you see her! I miss her so! Thanks!

XUE said...

Oh no! This looks sad. We used to live in Hongkong where typhoons are the norm. We had a rooftop garden & our home faces the sea. We had to lug everyone one of these furniture off the roof & down the stairs when it strikes.

Red Bear said...

That weather came our way too. We lost a few trees and one big old tree fell down on our new deck, but thankfully there was no damage to the deck. We also lost power and there was a water main break... no water for a day. But, we are all safe and sound... just a little stinky!!! xoxoxoxo Enjoy the visit with the NY Flemings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...