Saturday, April 25, 2009

little RAP!

Kathy and I just returned from the annual RAP Tour Of Homes, here in Jacksonville, FL. We toured 10 amazing homes, all of which were built in the early 1900's. It was a beautiful day for the tour and while I did not take nearly the amount of photos I had intended to, I did remember towards the end of the tour to snap away.

Here is where I call home. In my dreams. It's a lovely little homestead, don't you agree?

It was a perfect day for walking the hood in search of my dream home. The above house was a nice little place, had beautiful drapes and stunning chandeliers. The kitchen was amazing and the porch, which really is another room, was lovely.


Oh, my! What an amazing idea. Look at this bed's headboard, it looks like the back of a couch. It made me want to jump on the bed and cozy in to watch a little telly. But I didn't, Kathy wouldn't let me!

Mmmm, we stopped in at this adorable catering shop, for some free yummies. WOW! If you live in the Jacksonville area, check it out. It's not a restaurant, rather, "A full service catering and gourmet takeaway shop." She had some amazing goodies, like fried cheese and bacon appetizers, fresh out of the oven. There were some little pork tenderloin sandwiches on tiny buns, a delicious sour cream pound cake and dare I mention the butterscotch brownies?

This is my new best friend, Allison, the brains of the operation, along with her cousin/helper in the kitchen. Tell her I sent you, we've known each other a long time...like 5 minutes. But I think I can learn to love her...you will too, after you taste her delicious food! Here's her address, if you live in the area and need fabulous food for one of your fabulous events:
SHEFF'S
2251 Oak Street
Jacksonville, FL
904-387-9036
Now I'm off to bartend at baby shower my friend Suzy is hosting...that really doesn't sound right. Maybe it's a bridal shower. I'm not sure which it is, but I get to hang out at the bar, so I don't really care!

2 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry and Co. said...

I love peeking into other people's homes!! There's nothing quite like getting inspiration from the amazing things others have done.

I'm loving the sunshine in those pictures! It looks much warmer than chilly ol' Melbourne :-)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

After hearing what you had to eat, I think she could be my best friend too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...