Thursday, February 11, 2010

"cold" in Florida.


Writing to you from sunny (not) Florida, where the warm (not) meets the ocean and the skies are not (are) cloudy all day...



Believe me, I'm not complaining about the cold weather down here in Florida. I happen to be one of those rare creatures living here that thrive in the cold. I thought I'd document the cooler temps here in the South for our friends in the Great White North. I know, I know, 52-degrees is nothing compared to the freezing temperatures you Yanks are experiencing, it's just that most of the locals here are freeeeeezzzzzzing!



BUT, I'll bet it's warmer in your house than it is in ours! Look, it's 61-degrees in here. How warm is it in your house? We warn our visitors to wear their jackets...I then cover them in a blanket. I'm hospitable that way. Jonathan complains about being cold, but he's a kid. Who really cares if he's cold?


Oh, my! These guys... my favorite! Aren't they too cute? Penguins, playing in the snow...



Nothing feels cozier than flannel pjs in a cold house. This is my favorite outfit in the whole world! Flannel plaid pjs and flannel penguin pjs, with an interchangeable pj shirt on top of flannel sheets rinsed in Downy. Even in Florida, flannel is where it's at.

Don't even try to adjust the thermostat in this house...you just might experience a hideous attack of the penguins!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helping Dad...

Anonymous said...

ifreeze my ass off when i am at your house--but do you care --hell no.
but i love your blog.
dad

JR said...

Ah,yes. I remember the days when I thought the 50's and 60's were FREEZING! If I could only go back in time.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...