Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ooh la la! Oui!

Every once in awhile, it's important to ditch your husband for a few hours.

Just remember to take your mother with you. She'll keep you on the straight and narrow.

And that is what I did today.


 Mom also ditched her husband (who also happens to be my Dad...hi, Dad!) and together, we headed for lunch at the French Pantry. Knowing how long the lines can get, we arrived a little early and found ourselves standing in line with two delightful gentlemen, Francisco and David.

New to Jacksonville from Atlanta, they said how friendly our city is and how much they love it here.  We had a wonderful conversation standing outside in the humid air, but taking it inside at precisely 11:00, the magic hour when the Pantry doors open and the lunch ordering begins. 


Good fortune was with Mom and I, as we were seated with our new guys. 

What a lovely lunch! 

Once seated, a lady brings a plate of fresh, warm bread and a bowl of dipping oil. 

Then the meal arrives and boy, the food is truly remarkable.  Worth every penny. 


I bought a loaf of bread...I had to try a piece!

I ordered the Chicken/Buffalo Mozzarella Bruschetta, which was outstanding.  Mom ordered a Shrimp & Fried Green Tomato Salad, of which she said the shrimp were delicious, as were the fried tomatoes.  

Our new friends ordered sandwiches of epic proportions...the freshest restaurant food I've ever laid eyes upon. 

The desserts are out of this world.  We normally don't order dessert, but to pass one up here would be criminal.  I only wish I could remember the name of the "best-ever piece of something I've ever tasted!"

We ate, we chatted, then said our goodbyes. 

Mom and I were so happy to meet new friends. 

I hope they leave a message somewhere, because I didn't get their contact information.

Excuse me one moment...Francisco & David, if you're reading this, Mom and I would love a peek at your new home, once you've finished remodeling.

Next time I dine at the French Pantry, I'll be sure to take some photos of the food and decor. How I forgot the camera today, I'll never know.  What a shame.

In my bid to end the boring blog posts, I do believe I've redeemed myself and wish to leave you with these two thoughts:

~ visit the French Pantry at 6301 Powers Avenue.  Here is a link to their information
     http://local.yahoo.com/info-13962710-french-pantry-jacksonville?tab=reviews#reviews
it's OK to go to lunch with Mom and sit with nice people.  Life is much more interesting when you share a little of your life (and your Mom) with the world around you.

Just be sure to return home to your husband once lunch is finished...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...