Thursday, November 5, 2009

walk on by.

I've been busy decorating the outside of our house for Christmas. I think I did a pretty good job! And the snow that fell in Florida added a nice touch of whimsy, don't you agree?

A funny thing...I went grocery shopping yesterday (Sasquatch was hungry) and noticed that the other shoppers seemed to be acting particularly strange. One lady even kind of ran past me, like she was trying to get away from me. If it weren't for the fact that I was in Publix and there were no blue light announcements for shoppers to run to (remember those?), I'd think I was at K-Mart back in the '70's. People seemed to be looking at me in a strange kind of way...even the manager dude that was cashiering left right in the middle of scanning my groceries (Lisa took over for him). Then my bagger ran off to get "something" for another customer...odd, she usually insists on taking my groceries out to the car...

Maybe they were all acting strange because MY ZIPPER WAS DOWN THE ENTIRE TIME I WAS SHOPPING!!!

You know what? Years ago, that would have profoundly embarrassed me. But not anymore! Approaching the age of 50 leaves one with a "who cares- oh well" attitude.

I wonder if this is going to reflect poorly on our son...he works at that store.

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~laffin until there are tears~

he works at that store....ha ha ha ha ha

love the snow!

randi said...

Poor kid will have to hear the "unzipped mom jeans story" all day! I love it!

Good for you for just going with the flow of life.....and zippers!

JR said...

Snow?....in Florida? Ha! The publix story is the best! :) It is totally something I would do too.

J said...

rofl!!! now that's funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...