Tuesday, September 1, 2009

doctor, doctor, give me the news!

My Dad had his knee replacement surgery today. Dad, Mom and I arrived at the hospital at 5 AM. Oy vay, that was early! It appears that all systems are go, the surgery went well, he's in his room and physical therapy has begun. Man! He's barely out of recovery and the PT Brigade is knocking at his door, gearing up to bend that knee, touch the floor. No rest for the weary in that hospital! So Mom and I left once he had taken his pain pill and was nodding off to sleepyville. Mom went home, Jason and I will head back up this evening to check up on the old guy...all I know is, he had better be in his room and not off roaming the hospital in search of a party!

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

or chasing nurses! I am glad it all went well!

J said...

He's lucky he got to spend the night. I've seen many a patient come in through Surgical Outpatient for a knee replacement to be sent home that evening. More and more insurance companies won't cover an extended stay...it's ridiculous!

randi said...

I will keep him in my prayers! Also, you and your mom since you will be caring for him. Sometimes men aren't the best patients, you know? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...