Thursday, October 2, 2008

fabrichicas!!!



I went to one of my favorite shops today, The Olde Green Cupboard. As luck would have it (OK, it wasn't really luck, because I knew about it before I walked in), there was a 25% off fabric sale. As I walked through those hallowed doors, I saw the ladies folding brand spanking new Amy Butler fat quarters! My knees got weak and I started drooling, barely able to contain my joy! Oh, I want them all!!! If you're wondering who Amy Butler is, I'm doing that "sister" thing with my hand and neck and saying, "Oh no you don't!" Because she's the goddess of a slew of young, fresh fabric designers. And if you don't know who she is, that's even better for me. 'Cause that means, you aint a sewer, sister! I have a new friend, Melissa, who is the proud owner of a new pretty little shop on Cape Cod. And she's a hip fabric designer, with a line of fabrics called "Sugar Snap." How cool, that I know a future fabric icon?! And finally, my friend Randi has an online fabric shop. She has some beautiful fabrics and she is one of the sweetest women I've met this century.

There! My work is done. I've introduced you to some talented fabrichicas! That's my made-up word for the day. I like to do that.

So friends, I'll be marooned again tomorrow, but that's OK! I now have some delicious fabrics and patterns to play with. Oh, and please visit my friends up there. I told them you'd stop by.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...