Sunday, August 17, 2008

clown house.


Growing up on our island, this was my favorite place to eat in the whole world! OK, it was the only place to eat at that time, but what difference does that really make? I loved this clown! Though you can't make it out in this photo, the clown had a bulb in his nose and it would light up at night, a red beacon for a little girl who was about to get an ice cream cone. I remember sitting there, my little eyes fixed on his nose, eating my ice cream on a warm summer's evening, loving the company of my parents and my three older brothers. Sadly, the Clown House is gone, but my love of it is alive and beating in my heart. Hello, Mr. Clown! I love you!

4 comments:

Thomas Fleming said...

Patti--where in the world did you get this picture? It should be in the Smithsonian, or at least the Grand Island Historical Society! My favorite item on the Clown House menu was long curley-cue french fries with vinegar! Or was it the foot-long hot dog? Or was it the custard cones? Any way you look at it, that's history you can sink your teeth into! MMM!

Thomas Fleming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thomas Fleming said...

By the way, the tail end of that car in the center of the picture looks an awful lot like a late 50s model Corvette--just my favorite automobile ever! Go to http://www.web-cars.com/corvette/1957-2.php to see why!

It's A Wonderful said...

Hey, Tom. I found this picture on the internet...crazy, huh? If we win the lottery, I'll buy you a '57 corvette!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...