Friday, August 8, 2008

addiction to love.

Do you know who this Cat is? No, he's not my lawyer. He's Robert Palmer! Just the coolest rocker from the '80's! He was my favorite and I thought that he was so hot. He was so uncool and yet, so cool. He looked like a businessman, not a pop singer. Maybe that's why I liked him. He sang, "Addicted to Love," the music video with the chics dressed in black, hair slicked off their white, white faces, playing backup for Mr. I-Wear-A-Suit-And-Look-Hot-In-It. If you'd like to see the video, there's a link at the end. Back to my story. He died of a heart attack a few years back, leaving me very shocked and sad. I was never one to scream and cry over a singer or a group, I just quietly liked this, as they say today, "dude." That's about it. I had nothing else to write about today, so let this suffice as my tribute to Robert Palmer. I miss you, Dude!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always loved RP too! I had all his cassettes.:) I also was very sad when I heard he had died at such a young age. I had a huge crush on him, so suave and debonair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...