Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ending to a wonderful vacation.

Whew, we've finally arrived at Granny's house in the great Smoky Mountains of NC. What a ride up that mountain, curvy and twisty and steep!


On the way up, it hit us that we didn't have anything for dinner. So the boys killed this squirrel and I skinned it. Jason and Jonathan started a fire and roasted the little bugar. Being the conscientious environmentalists that we are, we left nothing to waste. So I tanned the hide and am drying it for a gift for Christmas. Let's see, which of my sisters-in-law do I want to give it to? Hmmmm...

We're standing on the porch...what a view! It was overcast, but the view is still breathtaking! Thanks for letting us crash at your retreat, Granny. It was a wonderful vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pick me! Please pick me! Your favorite sister-in-law xoxoxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...