Thursday, November 4, 2010

tisket-a-tasket, a tiny Christmas basket!


Miniature fabric bags. It's what's new and trendy for Christmas.

That's what I'm going with...

I stumbled upon the pattern on The Happy Zombie's blog. Ms Zombie posted how her cute pattern was to be published in Better Homes and Garden's Quilts and More Fall 2010 publication. Naturally, I just had to buy the magazine. I turned to page 16 and found that the instructions are free on the online sister-site of the magazine. I hate it when that happens! No matter, there are plenty of other wonderful inspiring projects in the same magazine issue. This little bags measure 4-inches by 4-inches by 2-inches. Two fat quarters and you're in business to make 4 little bags! I added some interfacing to make them sturdy and stand on their own.

The bags are fun and so easy to make. I have several in Christmas fabric, Halloween fabric and everyday, cute designer fabric!

These miniature bags adorable! What, you may ask yourself, would you ever use them for?

I'm going to use them as gift bags. Let's see...you could put a jewelery box in it, a lovely box of chocolates, rolled finger-tip towels to be placed on your bathroom vanity, a gift card would be lovely in a fabric bag...

Or let a little girl use the miniature bag as her Christmas purse, stashing her little brush and girlie treasures in it. 

Jason's going to use these to put gifts in, for the girls in his office. He's not going to personally carry a tiny bag, as he'd look silly with a such a small bag. No, I'd make him a much bigger bag if he ever needed a cute bag...

So there you go...if you like to sew, go visit for the free project.

If you don't sew but are interested in some for Christmas, just holler.

I'll be making a lot of these little darlings!

2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Those are so cute! Those would make cute teacher gifts with a mug and hot chocolate tucked inside!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this up. It was your photo that caught my eye as I've got an idea in my head but was looking for something to model it off. Great idea! (love your fabric choice)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...