Friday, April 23, 2010

visit from Sybil.




Just yesterday, I discovered something about myself...

I have an alter-ego. Medically referred to as Dissociative Identity Disorder.

It's a self-diagnosis.

How do I know I'm suffering from this disorder? It's the only logical answer to some mysterious happenings around here this week.

Case in point: the other day I picked up a pattern to check how many yards of fabric was needed to make an apron. Yesterday, I went to make said apron and could not find the pattern anywhere. I searched and searched...no pattern. Hmmm.

I then went to look for a bag that I recently brought home from the store, which contained some binding tape for the apron. Couldn't find the bag containing the binding tape.

It only makes sense that there is another woman living in this house and that she's playing tricks on me. On my mind. There is no other "real" woman here, so this theory has to be correct.

I've named this new woman, "Sybil." Like the Sally Fields' Sybil in the '70's. I remember that movie and it's only fitting I salute an old classic with my malady. And Sybil is such an old-fashioned name...and Sally Fields played in my favorite T.V. show, The Flying Nun.

Do you know what Sybil did that really ticked me off?

Sybil put the contents of the misplaced bag away, placing the binding where it was supposed to go. Had she told me that she was here and "helping" me by being responsible and organized, I wouldn't have wasted 30 minutes of my life looking for a little white shopping bag!

Perhaps I could cajole Sybil into organizing and cleaning my house...she's never around when I need her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...