Friday, August 13, 2010

ol' ball and chain.


K...I'm still trying to get the web site up and going.  

I'm a prisoner of my own making.

Linking the pages are what's biting me in the proverbial hiney.  

Just my luck, my IT guy is WORKING!  How dare he, when I need him so badly!

My question is this: do I sit here and fool with the darn thing for hours, or move on and do something else? 

Decisions, decisions...


Looking for a different, yet delicious Summer salad?

Here ya go, but please, keep an open mind...

CELERY SALAD

1/2  small onion, thinly sliced
4     stalks celery, thinly sliced
1     tablespoon olive oil
2     tablespoons of parsley (cilantro is good, too)
1     lemon

Soak the onion slices in a bowl of cold water, about 10 minutes. 
Drain the onion and pat dry, then toss with the celery, 1 tablespoon olive oil and parsley. 
Grate the zest from half of the lemon into the celery mixture and squeeze in all of the juice.
Season with salt and pepper and toss.

So I tried this salad and served it with a cheap marinated steak...that's it. 

You'd think the onion would be overpowering, but I guess the cold water bath must wash away the pungency of the onion.

Needless to say, the lemon gave it a fresh, light taste and when it's HOT outside, it makes for a refreshing alternative to heavy mayo-based salads.

They don't call me Julia Child for nuttin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...