Thursday, December 11, 2008

holly, jolly Christmas.

Today, "sunny" Florida is not. Sunny. There are tornado warnings, the wind is blowing and it's gloomy. It's like an artificial northern winter day, to which I've taken advantage of. I've had a rather nasty cold all week, but I chose to ignore it and get on with my business. Bad decision. So today, after being sent home from my volunteer work due to my "ickiness," I came home and finished decorating the Christmas tree. I topped it with that old vintage Santa up there, that's been in the family for as long as I can remember. I believe he's over 50 years-old, always the highlight of our tree decorating as children. Santa was broken for many years, not wanting to light up. MacGyver came to Santa's rescue and fixed the wiring in ol' St. Nick. Mom and Dad lent Santa to us, as we have Christmas Day at our house. Thanks to MacGyver, Santa is back on the job! And I have my cozy, glad to-be-in-the-house winter day.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

**Please enter the apron giveaway, right here. I'll draw the winner on Saturday. Remember to leave your email address, so I can notify the winner. Good luck!

3 comments:

Thomas Fleming said...

Hi, Pat! I had a couple of free minutes here at work--doesn't happen often--and thought I'd check your blog. Glad I did! I'm glad you're getting an ersatz winter day down there, but I sure don't want any tornadoes near your home. I'm delighted to learn that Ol' Santa is alive and lit up again just like the old days! We decorated our tree last weekend, and I was wondering what happened to him. How I wish our whole family could be together to celebrate Christmas--wouldn't that be the greatest thing? Say hi to your boys for me!

Anonymous said...

I hear that there is some crazy weather by you! Louisiana got snow!

I hope all is well-no tornadoes-and that a few flakes fell in your area!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully decorated Christmas tree! I wish I could send all of our snow your way. We have plenty to share. When the sun shines again, soak up some rays for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...