Monday, September 5, 2011

little girl, British.



Cheeky little girl!

This is my mother-in-law, Ivy.

Ivy was born in Devon, England. She has an identical twin sister, Irene.

My mother-in-law makes perfect tea, loves to garden and met Winston Churchill's mother.

During WWII, as a hired farm-hand, she found a Roman coin as she was digging in the farmer's garden.

She traded it to a "Yank," as all the girls were "mad" for American soldiers. She received a quarter for the Roman coin.

Ivy still kicks herself for being so gullible!

My mother-in-law walks several times a week and though I'm not allowed to state her age, she is over 85. Shhhh, don't tell her I gave you a hint!

Little Ivy is active, independent and yes, cheeky.

We wouldn't have her any other way!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...