Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas-time in the tropics!

So in my last post, I told you all about the Christmas lights (or lack thereof) and how I was going to finish the tree.

That effort was thwarted by evil Wal-Mart shelf stockers. They mixed the boxes of multi-colored and pink-colored lights together. I came home with 3 boxes of pink and one of the multi...and half of the lights on the multi strand didn't work. And now our tree is kind of nakey. This situation will be fixed tomorrow, complete with the crowning jewel at the top of our tree.

In the meantime, I'm loving the beautiful weather we're experiencing here in Florida. It's cold, dark and gloomy.


                                                                                             Buffalo, NY


Much like winter days in Buffalo, minus the snow and slush.

The cold rejuvenates and energizes me.

While Florida residents are "freezing," bundled up in their snow-jackets, I roam free of the constraints of evil outer-wear, relishing the dark, overcast sky and the refreshing chill in the air.

Sadly, this weather won't last long. Before I know it, the sun will be shining and we'll all be sweating our everlovin' arses off!

But for now, I'm praying that we'll have a grey and cold Christmas.

It's a New York frame of mind.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You have already had more winter than I have!!! We are in the 80's for the next 3 days and are having drought conditions. For reals.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...