Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinterest



I shudder at what I'm about to share with you...don't say I didn't warn you.

It's a new phenomenon called, Pinterest.

My darling niece reallly got me started with Pinterest...I'd seen it referenced, but never really understood Pinterest until...Donna!

So now I'm pinning like crazy, like I've never pinned before!

Several friends have asked me what Pinterest is and how you use it. Let me just say, whatever grabs your interest, you can find it on Pinterest.

Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.


People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and share their favorite recipes.

Think of a bulletin board nailed to your wall, where you tack magazine clippings of great kitchen remodels, dream bathrooms, outfits, recipes, etc. Then when you need to refer to that clipping, you go back to your bulletin board and retrieve the information.

With Pinterest, it's the same thing, only virtual. And neater. And organized.

Here's a screen print of my boards (there are others, but I'm keeping it short in the name of "who really cares?):



Titles of my niece's boards:

My Hubby Can Build That! (I love that title!)
Click
Backyards

I want to learn how to knit or crochet, so when I find some interesting-looking tutorials, I'll "pin" them on the board I created.

Recipes. Another great reason to create a board.

Christmas...I'll make a board for great decorating ideas. Speaking of Christmas, I have a board for things I'd someday like to have. Or, gift ideas for other people. I might create boards with names of my family and pin gift ideas for each one. I like that idea!

If you want to use Pinterest, you need an invitation from someone already addicted registered. I'm not sure why, but them's the rules!

If you need additional help with Pinterest, just email or Facebook and I'll make you a junkie pro.

So go, pin away!

Have fun.

Then detox.
Forget my name.

2 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

pinterest is my new way of bookmarking. maybe it will decrease my mile long bookmark list! wouldn't that be nice!

Thomas Fleming said...

Patti, this looks like a very useful site! Would you "recommend" me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...