Sunday, September 11, 2011

I remember.




Ten years-ago today, I was crying.

I cried for weeks and our then 9 year-old little boy would say, "Mom, you're still crying." The emotions of September 11 would wash over me and I felt such a sense of loss and sadness, not because I had lost a loved one on 911, but because countless families lost loved ones in the blink of an eye. Tragically. And the victims suffered. And that's what the survivors and loved ones of those lost had to cope with.

Ten years later, the sense of loss resides deep within, as I watch families and survivors at the 911 Memorial lovingly caress their fingers over the engraved names of lost loved ones.

And I cry.

Still.

And hopefully, I will always shed tears on this date.

Because I want and need to remember the events that sought to destroy our Nation, by killing Her beloved citizens in NY, Washington and Pennsylvania.

May God bless America and the surviving families of those we lost on this date, 10 years-ago today.

And please Lord, keep us free!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...