Saturday, September 10, 2011

accidental on porpoise.



We were cruising up the St. John's River, just talking and looking at the downtown buildings when I spotted a dolphin. Then another dolphin, then a school broke the surface together. They were beautiful, playful, graceful. One came up to the side of the boat and greeted Jason...so funny. I grabbed my camera and pointed at the spot I thought they'd next be surfacing. I have a point and shoot digital, which means that bright sunlight pretty much makes it impossible to see the subject. So I just pointed the camera and hoped that when I downloaded into the computer, I'd have a few photos of the dolphins. I managed to capture several fins, but this is the best photo.  I had no idea that dolphins could travel through the river...I thought they were strictly ocean-dwellers. Definitely a great day on the river!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...