Sunday, January 30, 2011

sunny day in Florida.




The sniffles and congestion continue...if anyone knows when this dreadful cold will clear up, please let me know. We're getting pretty sick and tired of being sick and tired around here.

I was able to whip up this cute purse on my day off, along with a few other little items. Pretty fabric motivates me and this particular print is from Amy Butler's new line, Soul Blossoms. A trip to India inspired these pretty patterns, rich in color and palette. The above fabric is from the Passion collection, such a pretty combination of the two fabrics...it conjures glimpses of Spring.

There are  some colorful new fabrics sitting prettily on my cutting table, waiting to be made into something. I had a great start at the beginning of the week but as with all good intentions, they sometimes get lost in everyday living.

I had thought I might sneak out this afternoon, leaving Jason home to cough his heart out, while I made a trip to buy some toothpaste. Perhaps a little ride might make me feel better? Nope. Thankfully, we have a spare tube and the little jaunt I was planning to take is on hold until Tuesday. I am going to stay put and maybe sit out in the sun with my Kindle, coughing and blowing me nose!

Last night, Jason and I did manage to go see True Grit. I had seen the original movie with John Wayne and Glen Campbell (oh, he was awful in that movie!) and was anxious to see how this movie measured up to the original. We really enjoyed the movie, though the ending was kind of sad and yet, tragically realistic. That Jeff Bridges is really making a comeback, isn't he?

Here's hoping your week is an inspired one and that we'll all find the "pretty" in our daily routine.


3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Have you ever tried a neti pot?

That fabric is ssweettt!

This week I am going with my parents for a doctors appointment, reveling the new look of my bedroom on the blog and dreaming of rain/snow.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

and will it show up in your shop?

J said...

Feel better soon. I got sick the week.of Christmas and am just now no longer coughing, sneezing, etc.

Ken & I went to see True Grit too. We loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...