Tuesday, December 7, 2010

decorating and then some.


Christmas decorating can oftentimes be stressful. Stringing the lights, taking the decorations out of storage and trying to figure out where to put your Christmas treasures.

I started stringing the lights on the tree last evening and ran out of lights. So tree-trimming came to an abrupt halt and today, I ran to the store to buy more tree lights. And there are plenty of lights now, so I'll be able to finish my masterpiece tonight.

A favorite vignette...this plate stand in our dining room has been an old standby of for a number of years. I believe the little cardinal was a last minute addition a few years back and boy, I wish I had bought a handful of the little guy. He's just so cute and he looks like a cold cardinal all puffed out, trying to keep warm. The peppermint-striped bowl is a gift from Mom and I think it looks delightful sitting on the middle plate. Those other decorations on the first and third plates are candle rings and have never used them for their intended purpose, but I adore the added dimension they bring to the red-rimmed plates.

Having bought more lights, I guess it's time to get back to work.

Off I go to finish decorating the tree...

...and placing Santa in his place of honor.

Poor Santa!

*More on that, later.

1 comment:

Grace said...

When you finish, come decorate my house!

I'm embarrassed to tell you this, but I'm so technologically challenged that I just now -- right this very minute -- found your link to my site from, like, back in June. So this is a 6-month-late thank you for your unbelievably kind words.

I guess I shouldn't ask you to come decorate my house. The thing is, I'm probably better at computer stuff than I am at decorating.

Anyway, I hope you have a terrific Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...