Thursday, August 13, 2009

beginning to an end.

This morning, I asked if I could take his picture.

He said I couldn't, because I'd put it up on my blog.

(It's the first day of the last year of school~he's a senior).

I told him that I wouldn't post it, I just wanted a photo of him in his uniform.

He said that I was lying, I'd say something like, "My baby's first day of school."

I told him that I wouldn't do that!

I didn't get the photo. But I did find this one.

It's my baby-pirate. He loved being a pirate. Long before pirates were cool.

Before Johnny Depp was a pirate.

So my question is this: was he right, did I lie? Or is this just a mother's prerogative?

If it is a lie, I'm not too worried about it.

I'll gladly head to confession.

5 comments:

JR said...

Wow, a senior! It's amazing how fast they grow up!

Trudy said...

I love that picture. I don't think you were lying.

Thomas Fleming said...

He should know better than trying to thwart his mother's pride--he'll learn that lesson on his own soon enough! If he protests what you've done, tell him to be thankful you didn't post one of his naked-in-the-bathtub baby pictures!

The Queen (aka Red Bear) said...

You tell him ... I take a picture, EVERY YEAR, of the boys first day of school. This will make for a great collage at their high school graduation party. Besides, we want to see the stripped tie!! If we do not see it now, he will have to model it in June when we are down! Pass these on to him from us ... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I love the picture here...

Thanks for sharing...
___________________
Melvin
Naton wide cash is easy and fast

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...