Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tortilla Soup!

Meet my new friends, the Neelys. They're a husband/wife team...wife/husband team. I sometimes watch them on Food Network, usually on the weekend when I'm cooking. I don't normally watch the telly during the day... don't ask me why, I'm just weird that way.

The Neelys' were making some Tortilla Soup this weekend, mmmm, it looked delicious. And so easy! I downloaded their recipe and picked up the items needed to make this soup. It really was so easy! And fast. Have I mentioned that it's delicious? So delicious that I had it for breakfast this morning. I took a picture of it, but my photo wasn't too appealing and I didn't want you to turn your nose up at the soup. Now the next time I make this, which will probably be tomorrow 'cause I can't keep my spoon out of the bowl, I'll spice it up a little more. I think I'll add another jalapeno pepper (please be careful when working with these, as the juices left on your hands will burn your eye out) and although I did add some Tabasco to my soup, it needs a little more kick. I added some chili powder too, but I think I'll add more next time. Can you tell we like hot, spicy food around here? Whatever you do, please put some cilantro on top of your soup once you've dished it into your serving bowls (if you like cilantro). It adds so much flavor! I scrunched up three tortilla chips in my bowl and used just a small dollop of light sour cream. Mmmmmmm. Where's my spoon?

They also made a yummy-looking side salad that looked appealing, which I think I'll try next week. And Gina made a Neely-tini, but I'm not going to make that. That's just asking for trouble!

OK, friends, this should do it for my recipe week in review. What has gotten into me? If I didn't know better, I'd think I was nesting...ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...