Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Culinae Invidia."

I have a bad case of "Culinae Invidia." It's a psychological disorder that strikes at a moment's notice, affecting mostly women. Some men, too. One day you're minding your own business, flipping through a magazine or surfing the web, when WHAM! Culinae Invidia hits you!

Did you look it up? Couldn't find anything, could you?

That's because I made it up. Which doesn't make it any less real.

At least in my mind.

Culinae Invidia loosely translates to "Kitchen Envy." I have it, bad.

That first photo is the look that I desire for our kitchen. Fresh, clean, cottage-y.

My dream.



This would be "Coenationis Invidia." Of which I am also suffering.

You don't need a translation, I think you can figure it out.

It all sounds more medicalish (I made that up, too!) when it's referred to in Latin.

Which doesn't make it any less real.

At least in my mind.

1 comment:

JR said...

As the husband of a recovering "Culinae Invidia-st", I know how bad this disorder can be! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...