Tuesday, September 9, 2008

work-out.

Do you know who this is? Of course you don't, so I'm going to tell you. This buff little lady is my mother-in-law, who is absolutely amazing. I am not allowed to tell you how old she is, but I will tell you that she once met Winston Churchhill's mother. We call this British little lady, "Granny." She is my motivation, my cheerleader and my friend. She also has an identical twin sister and they look identical! Imagine that!

We meet in a parking lot at 7:30 AM and walk about 2 miles till we get to the first bridge. This is where she starts chasing me up the bridge, yelling "move it, faster, girl!" Not really. But I know for a fact that she walks behind me, checking my butt to see if it looks any smaller. Really, she does. I'll put my hands over my posterior end and say, "stop checking me out!" We laugh. Then she says, "move it, missy!" No she doesn't really say that. She thinks it.



It was a cloudy day when I took this picture. It's taken from the second bridge of our workout. In the distance, you can see the first blue bridge we just came from. Granny allowed me to stop to take this picture, she thought it would be lovely for my blog. My break was up and she chased me down the bridge yelling, "run, girl, run!" No, she doesn't really yell at me on our walks, or ever. But Granny does want me to run. I told her that until the "little ladies" do some shrinking, running is just not in our plan. But you never know, one day I might be chasing Granny down the bridge yelling, "wait for me, Granny, you're going too fast!"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I want a granny! She sounds like a wonderful motivator!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...