Sunday, November 7, 2010

time and pajammies!



It's been a very good weekend in oh, so many ways!

First, the temperatures have fallen to the mid-fifties and I don't have to tell you how incredibly happy this makes me. We opened all the windows, letting the chilly air permeate the house. We slept with the windows wide open, snuggling in at night and letting the chilly night air waft over us. It was glorious!

On Saturday, we celebrated my Mom's birthday and Jason's Dad's birthday. They share the same birth date, November 9th. Jason made steak on the charcoal grill and we had a fun and happy birthday celebration.

Today, our good friends Mike and Pat hosted us for a lovely dinner in their new home. The food was delicious and company, even better! And any day that I don't have to cook is a glorious day!

And finally, last night, the time turned back. This makes me so insanely happy...when we wake up, it's light outside. In the evenings, it gets dark earlier and that means one thing:




...I can put my jammies on at 5:00 PM and not feel guilty about it.

And that, my friends, is a very good thing!


2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love this time of year! We are still getting up into the 70's and 80's but it is in the 30's at night.I would have a hard time living where you are!!

Thomas Fleming said...

You're opening your windows; we shut ours several weeks ago! Your overnight lows are our mid-day highs--except when they're 10 or 15 degrees lower than that! The word "cool" is just creeping into your forecasts; the word "snow" is becoming a frequent feature of ours! I'm frantically raking so we don't end up with a frozen crust of leaves stuck to the lawn for the next 6 months. I LOVE NY! (we'll keep the snow; you can have our taxes and politicians!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...