Friday, November 5, 2010

swooning over my ultra-fabric find!


I found this fabric the other day and I instantly fell in love with it. It's my great find...it'll be another four years before I find a comparable design that I love so much. It doesn't happen often, but when you find THE fabric of your dreams, your world screeches to a halt and all you can do is admire the cuteness of the design.

The skill of the sewer has nothing to do with the finished product...it's all the fabric, man!

When you walk the fabric to the cutting table and women stop you in the aisle, exclaiming the charm and sweetness of your find, you just know you've hit it out of the ballpark! When the lady at the cutting table asks what you're going to make with the cute fabric, you clam up and you don't really want to share your ideas...because it'd be like giving part of your heart away. To share your dreams for the fabric would be akin to sacrilege. No, a fabric like this you treasure and look at for a few days. Then you wash it, iron it and timidly cut into it.

Oh, the possibilities! The charm...like stepping back in time.

We're talking about Miracle on 52nd Street...June and Ward Cleaver...A Christmas Story. And be it an apron, table runner, placemat...it just speaks Christmas. The good ol' days. Childhood. Innocence. Simplicity.

Stay tuned...I'm not sure what I'm going to make with the fabric, but whatever it is, it's going to be supremely cute.

Christmas is coming, my friends! I'm hoping for snow...

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Like its a wonderful life! SWEET fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...