Friday, August 24, 2012

she has a face!


I make dolls. There are no little girls in my life and yet, I make dolls. Once I see an adorable pattern, I can't stop thinking about the cuteness of the doll and how much fun it would be to make. When I was a little girl, my dolls were so important to me, I loved them so much! Perhaps this doll-making frenzy is a little trip back in time. Whatever the reason, this is a lot of fun!

Cutting out those tiny little eyes and then sewing them on her head was quite a challenge, not to mention the fact that I put her cheeks on the wrong spot and had to cut them out and reattach them. Poor girl. She looks so weird, but I do believe that once her hair is on, she'll be super cute. Her little dresses are cut out, all that's left to do is cut out the batting, sandwich the layers and sew her up.

There also happens to be a pattern for dollhouse carrier, which is adorable. I'm hoping that once the faces are complete, the rest of the dolls will sew up fast and I can spend a few days trying to decide if I want to buy the pattern for the house. Can one really have the dolls and outfits, but no house?

I don't think so!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...