Sunday, December 11, 2011

handpainted Christmas.


Over the years, I've collected many Christmas decorations. Some are expensive, some, not so much. This little fishbowl is the one I treasure most...it was made for me with lots of love. Third-grade was the year I had taken Jonathan to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas, with Jim Carrey and Jonathan could recite almost every line spoken by the Grinch. He was very good at mimicking voices and perfected the voice of the Grinch. Needless to say, we all had a lot of laughs when he'd recite a scene with a dead-on impersonation. Jonathan was in Mrs. Fowler's third grade class and her students would decorate a glass fishbowl for their mothers' Christmas gifts. Now  when I look at the bowl,  I smile and remember the fun Jonathan and I shared when he was little. Some of Jonathan's little classmates drew little religious figures on their bowls, some drew snowmen and Santas...I have an original. My boy chose to draw something he and I had shared, laughing together. Memories on glass... I wouldn't trade this bowl for all the Who pudding or rare Who roast beast!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...