Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birthday Banner Tutorial

Birthday Banners are a specialty of mine. They're fun and you can whip it up in no time!

Not into sewing? No problem! There's a new kid in town and its name is "Glue!"

If you sew, you most likely have a lot of fabric scraps jammed into a basket or stuffed in a drawer (stop looking at me like that!).

If you don't sew, consider yourself fortunate you don't have an out-of-control textile addiction.

Collect your supplies...if you have Joann's coupons, you can make this project for under $14. Without a coupon, about $20. But the banner will be used year after year and because it was made with love, it'll be a keepsake forever.





Oops, the tiers are in the wrong order.
The first (or bottom) tier is the larger measurement.
The second tier is the smaller measurement.

Go grab some stuff to get started:

Duck Cloth (white): 1 1/8 yard (you can just get a yard, it'll be a few inches shorter)
Cute Fabric: 1/4 yard each of two coordinating prints
Fabric for "frosting": 1/8 yd (or you can just use fabric paint)
*Option* 1/4 yard of fabric for cake stand (or you can paint this on the canvas)
Heat 'n Bond: 1 yard
Embellishments: ric rac, ball fringe, tulle, ruffles, ribbon, etc
Fabric paint
Yellow or Gold felt
Velcro

I'll be working on this over the next couple of days. At the end, you'll need a dowel or a decorative rod. But you can figure that out later. I think I have all the supplies listed, but don't hold me to it. There's usually a little "something else" I've remembered at the end of the project.

Here we go!

This is my first tutorial, so hang in there with me. If you have any questions, give me a shout, 'k?

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

OMG! This would be so cool to do for my 3 boys!

I just love your brain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...