Wednesday, May 4, 2011

flower-power!

I've been making these fabric flowers in the evenings, while watching TV. By the looks of it, I seem to be a tad obsessed with them. If you're intersted, there are tons of tutorials on how to make these, along with great ideas on what fun things you can do with them. I need to pretty-up the centers...I'm thinking pearl beads or a plain white button. If you have some fabric scraps, it's a great way to use them up and accessorize at the same time.

And then there was this pink flower, attached to BB's fur. It seems she had a little day of beauty and this flower was just too sweet. It was very, very cute in her fur and doggie seemed to sense that she looked pretty darn irresistable with that pink flower behind her ear. For once she didn't try to remove it in 33.6 minutes. The flower actually stayed put for 5 hours.

I've added some great new site-buttons over there on my sidebar. Let me introduce you:

Bari J. Ackerman is a talented fabric designer, who also has some great tutorials on her site. Her blog is visually beautiful and she shares her perspective on colors and designs...if you love art and color, you'll love her site.

Little Birdie Secrets is a great source for all kinds of crafts, including kid-friendly projects.

And for cute softies, visit Retro Mama. She has some great free stuff, along with great patterns you can purchase at great prices.

Skip To My Lou, another fantastic site just LOADED with ideas for moms and kids. There are some GREAT teacher gift ideas, FYI.

I'll be adding more great inspiring sites...once you visit them, you'll be hooked. I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...